|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
- Fixed a minor problem caused when the user's profile is moved across incompatible platforms. For example, Windows -> Linux or vis-a-vis. This caused the addon's functions at ThuderBird startup to fail. Thanks to Ulf Zibis for reporting this and testing the fix.
- Adaptations to Thunderbird 24.
- Fixed a minor change in the Spanish locale which caused the Options window to not display.
- Expanded the Warn on Address Book Card Delete function's protection to the contacts sidebar in the Compose window and to the contacts sidebar created by the ContactsSidebar addon.
- Made confirmations of Compress Sqlite file operations optional.
- Modified Validate Email Addresses results dialog at the
suggestion of Gary Keene - thanks! Processing of results now offers the ability
to move those cards which do not validate into another address book
(new or existing). In this way, those cards can easily be re-submitted
for validation at a later time. This can help get around the problem of
mail servers employing greylisting or other, temporary issues.
- Updated and modernized addon options panel and help system. Credit goes to Leszek (teo) Zyczkowski
of BabelZilla and AMO for the ideas and original implementation. Thanks!
- Presents results from Validate Email Addresses initially sorted by result. May also click the Clean column's heading to toggle sort between ascending and descending. Thanks to Caver who's review of this addon suggested this enhancement.
- Minor problem afflicting the Compress Sqlite function on some *nix platforms under some circumstances..
- Added Edit In Selected Address Book function. This idea had its germination in response to a newsgroup posting and while this function proved to NOT solve the original poster's problem (since he was on Mac), it seemed worthwhile to keep in place. For Thunderbird 3.x and above, something close to this function exists. But I think this more convenient. If you do not, it can be disabled on the addon's options panel.
- Added Warn on Address Book Card Delete function. This idea was suggested by Ulf Zibis - thanks! In cases where you have multiple entries in an address book for a single person and one of them is used in a mailing list, you want to be able to avoid deleting the card used in the mailing list and thereby damaging the mailing list. Thunderbird gives no warning and shows no indication that a card is used in one or more mailing lists. So, when enabled, this function intercepts both menu and button driven attempts to delete an entry from an address book (not from a mailing list) and checks to see if the entry is in use on one or more mailing lists in that address book. If so, a warning is given and you can optionally cancel the delete operation.
- Added the ability to copy both Display Name and email address to the Copy Email Address From Address Book Card function. These enhancements were also suggested by Ulf Zibis - thanks!
- Modifications to the Options panel to better support users who are not on the Windows platform. Now all platforms will behave almost identically with changes to settings being saved as soon as they are made. There is no longer a need for Windows users to dismiss the dialog in order that changes be saved. This also results in validation checks being run on non-Windows platforms that have been ignored until now. Thanks to Leszek (teo) Zyczkowski at BabelZilla for letting me know about these discrepancies. Also, thanks to teo for work done, but not yet implemented, in improving the Options panel - look for it in the next release!
- Due to reported conflicts, the files extensions.sqlite and addons.sqlite are no longer processed by the Compress Sqlite Files function. Apologies to those adversely affected.
- Not actually a bug - but brought up to new Mozilla standards for addons: all preference names for this addon have been prefixed with "extensions." and code has been added to automatically migrate any user settings of these preferences.
- Incorrectly accepted non-numeric data for warn email file size option.
- Mark All Accounts Read - this extends the Mark All Read function by adding the ability to mark all folders in all accounts as read with a single click or keyboard shortcut. If the Mark All Read function is enabled, the menu item for triggering this new feature can be found on this addon's status bar icon menu. The option panel offers the ability to assign the Mark All Accounts Read to a single keystroke. Thanks to Simon (Underpass/extenzilla.org) and scacco for suggesting this enhancement.
- Removed the style class specification on the addon's status bar icon menus. This permits the display of the user-specified keyboard shortcut (if any) for the Mark All Accounts Read function and makes the menu's appearance consistent with other menus in Thunderbird.
- Extended Mark All Read function to support POP3, IMAP, and Local Folders. This command will now also be found on the context menu for the account folder of these account types and for any subfolder under these account types which, in turn, contain subfolders. If there are no subfolders, simply use the Mark Folder Read function that Thunderbird provides. Thanks to Michael OBrien, Simon (Underpass/extenzilla.org), and scacco for suggesting this enhancement.
- Changed default for enabling the Monitor Email Folders function from true to false. The appearance of this new feature's behavior caused some confusion.
- Changed the default file size for warnings in the Monitor Email Folders function from 200 MB to 500 MB.
- Added the word ThunderPlunger to the several dialog window titles so that their relationship to this addon is more clear.
- Monitor Email Folders - thanks to Brett Grachek for suggesting this new function.
- More extensive cleanup ot the New Root Directory in the Clean Accounts function (can now remove unused .msf and .rc files found there).
- Small bug causing Compress Sqlite files to be incorrectly shown on ThunderBird v 2.x..
- Eliminated hang in options panel if the value provided for the web component's url is inadequate.
- Disallow Validate Email Address function if selected card in the right hand pane of the address book represents a mailing list. These may be validated from the left hand pane.
- Support for Thunderbird 5.x.
- Fixes to Portuguese translation. Thanks to Mauro Jose da Silva at BabelZilla.
- Added Add To Selected Address Book function.
- Modified Remove From Address Books function such that only address books in which the specified email address are known to exist are shown in the function's submenu or processed.
- No user-visible changes..
- Small bug fix affecting Remove From Address Books function only when its Confirm option is NOT enabled.
- No user-visible changes..
- Fixed bug in Clean Accounts function occurring on Thunderbird 3.x.
- Code modifications needed to adhere to Mozilla programming standards.
- Added the ability to select a single address book in addition to All in the Remove From Address Books function. Thanks to Jack Reisbeck for suggesting this improvement.
- Bug in Remove From Address Books on Thunderbird 3.x which sometimes caused email addresses to not be found when they were, in fact, in the user's address book.
- Added ability to dump results from the Validate Email Addresses function to the Thunderbird Error Console and to the Thunderbird program console. Thanks to Charlie Noah for pushing for this feature.
- Bug in Validate Email Addresses function when address book entries have no name data. Thanks to Charlie Noah for finding and reporting this problem.
- In order to adhere to AMO code standards, substituted all calls to eval() with evalInSandbox().
- New Swedish translation. Thanks to Mikael Hiort af Ornas at Babelzilla.org!
- Enhancements to the Validate Email Addresses function. Now can validate both primary and secondary email addresses. Now can optionally choose to remove suspect email addresses rather than removing the entire address book card. Thanks to Damien Bouchard for suggesting these enhancements and for testing them!
- Thunderbird version 3 support! Thanks to all who encouraged this.
- Compress Sqlite Files is supported now on TB3 only. Thanks to Vijay Aravamudhan for suggesting and testing this.
- German translation. Thanks Sven!
- Thanks to Anthony Levensalor there is now a mirror for the email address validation web component at http://opentravelsoftware2.com/thunderplunger/validateEmail.php. You may choose this from the Options panel.
- Added support for validating email addresses inside a specified mailing list. Thanks to Charles Bragg for encouraging this.
- Added support for IMAP in the Clean Accounts function. Thanks to Christian Bruckhoff for encouraging me to do this.
- Added Clear All Expired function. Thanks to Alex Marino for encouraging me to do this.
- Fixed bug with in Validate Email Address which sometimes caused the function to fail with an error and appear to hang.
bug with both Validate Email Address and Copy Email Address functions
when more than one card entry is selected at the time the functions are
triggered. Now, the functions are only available when a single card is
- Added the ability to validate Email Addresses in the address book via a hosted server (this avoids blocked pop3 ports).
- Added the ability to copy an Email Address from an address book card.
- Added the ability to remove an Email Address from the address book by right clicking any email address shown in a message. Thanks to Barbara Taylor for suggesting this feature.
- Internal changes to the help file to ease localization efforts. Thanks to Jean-Bernard Marcon and Mark Heijl at BabelZilla for their help with this. End users should see no difference from these changes.
- Failure to confirm requests to Remove "Orphaned" Files when the confirm option is set to TRUE.
- Validation of email addresses in address books (performed in concert with a web-based component).
- Ability to copy an address book card's primary email address into the system clipboard.
- Re-organized options dialog.
- Mozdev.org website for the add-on now online.
- Portuguese (Brazilian) localization - thanks to Rodrigo
Bergmann Laurindoat at BabelZilla!
- Popup menu item on email address links in messages to trigger a function that removes the selected email address, if found, from the user's local address books.
- Polish localizations. Thanks again to all at BabelZilla!
- French, Spanish, and Dutch localizations. Thanks to all at BabelZilla!
- Added Remove "Phantom" Messages menu item to the context
menu for news accounts. This will process all subscribed newsgroups in
the account in a single action.
- Fixed really stupid bug causing the Mark All Read function
to fail loading on non-Window platforms.
- When Thunderbird restarts after a Clean Accounts has been requested, a confirmation dialog is displayed which replaces the previous series of individual prompts. It permits the user to see and confirm all folders to be removed at one time. If nothing is found for removal, a typical alert message is displayed instead.
- The confirmation dialog (see a above) may end up displayed BEHIND other existing windows on some platforms. This appears beyond my control at this point. However, typical alert messages do not typically suffer from this. They will at least "flash" their window icons on the Windows task bar. So I have added an alert warning that is optionally shown before the confirmation dialog that warns of the possibly "hidden" window. Display of this warning is controlled by a new add-on option. Checking the "do not show again" box on this warning will toggle the state of this option. You may also control this option from the add-on's options window.
- Added new option for control of the Clean Accounts "warning" (see 1 above).
- Italian localization.
- Cleaned-up the add-on's options panel.
- Minor typographical errors in UI and help file.
- Added context menu to status bar icon giving direct access to both help and options windows.
- Added the ability to optionally trigger a restart of
Thunderbird when the Clean Accounts function is triggered.
- Advised by a user that this add-on appears to support
Thunderbird 2.x so have modified install.rdf to permit installs on all
2.x releases. Please contact me with any problems.
- "Remove 'Orphaned' Files" context menu item for News accounts.
- "Clean Accounts" status bar icon menu item.
Original release. Provides:
- "Mark All Read" context menu item for News and RSS accounts.
- "Remove 'Phamtom' Messages" context menu item for Newsgroup